Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ouch!






Chase had his 3rd birthday on Tuesday and then on Wednesday he got his tonsils out. He did such a great job! The doctor wanted to keep him over night just to make sure that he would take fluids and his medicine. He did awsome! He slept most of the day of his surgery but was such a happy boy when he was awake. Miki and Jaidon had fun coming up to the hospital to visit him. The last picture is of him the next day. Chad stayed the night with him at the hospital so that I could be more comfortable (ya right!) When I got to the hospital this morning I found a very perked up Chase he was back to being himself. Chad said that the night went great and he didn't even wake up for pain meds! He is one tuff kid! I am so glad that this is all over with and now we just get to try and keep his heart rate down for the next 2 weeks. Let's just say that is going to be the hard part. As soon as we got the all clear from the doc they took off his monitors and the IV out and he was all over the place. I was afraid that he was going to crack his head open climbing on everything. He is such a sweet heart :)

5 comments:

Matt Van Komen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt Van Komen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

What a brave boy! Your kids are darling Jamie, and I'm sure the next two will be the same. I'll bet you are counting down the minutes. I think the last two weeks with one is bad, I can't imagine with two. I hope you don't mind me blog stalking you. It's so fun to see old friends and what they're up to. Feel free to drop by my blog anytime!
P.S. I love the Christmas music still!! ;)

P.P.S The two comments deleted above was me cause it was under my husbands name and I figured you would think some madman was leaving you comments. Sorry

Cook Family said...

I'm so glad everything went well. I was worried all week hoping you still have your twins for the surgery. We love you. Now go and watch a lot of movies with Chase.

Cari said...

Wow! what a hectic time for you. I cannot imagine how uncomfortable you must be. At least you know it will be worth it. I love the pics of the babies. Chase is such a good easygoing boy! Good luck - just a few more days . . .